Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario Tankard
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
If you people are going to continue this childish conversation take it to the pit instead of derailing this forum.
Thanks

Yes - enough sniping. Now does anyone see any potential in some of the young teams that played this past week? I am hoping Anderson continues and is not a "one tankard wonder".

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-13-12 11:41AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Yes - enough sniping. Now does anyone see any potential in some of the young teams that played this past week?

Perhaps, or am I sniping too much?

Old Post 02-13-12 12:20PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Yes - enough sniping. Now does anyone see any potential in some of the young teams that played this past week? I am hoping Anderson continues and is not a "one tankard wonder".

i think anderson has alot of potential. There's talent on that team for sure and i dont think they will be just a one time wonder

anderson, along with kean and epping for me are the future of ontario curling

matt camm is young and i dont know where he'll end up but he has alot of talent too. It just depends whether or not he'll hook up with the right people

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.164.58

Old Post 02-13-12 12:28PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Talking Mike's Work Warehouse Wardrope

Hey let's snipe some more. Did anyone catch the jacket and tie Mike Harris wore on Saturday's broadcast? A green plaid jacket with a blue and white striped tie. It looked like something out a bad 1970's sports broadcast.

Old Post 02-13-12 01:50PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

On top of being untouchable in Ontario curling, Glen Howard gets lucky too!...In a way, I feel it would have been better in the long run for Corner (or anyone else for that matter) to have won. IMO Dynasties have their pros and cons. The longer they run, the more apathetic fans get. But hey, Howard's beatable as we see in the Brier every year. Ontario teams are just going to have to find how to "crack the code" so to speak...

As a guy who watched him grow up in the curling world, I'm proud to see Darryl Prebble bounce back from that terrible miss in 9 to throw three great stones! He proved this week he deserves to be there and hopefully next time the heart is his with whatever team he wins it with.

JH

Old Post 02-13-12 01:55PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Mike's Work Warehouse Wardrope

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
Hey let's snipe some more. Did anyone catch the jacket and tie Mike Harris wore on Saturday's broadcast? A green plaid jacket with a blue and white striped tie. It looked like something out a bad 1970's sports broadcast.

I am always up for sniping at Mike Harris and other curling commentators! So he has jumped down from the lofty heights of CBC to local cable tv!!!

I guess his audition in the form of the TCA Men's bonspiel went well. Although I myself would prefer the crusty ramblings of Ed Werenich

Old Post 02-13-12 02:58PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The best announcer all week was Hart- by far.

Old Post 02-13-12 04:11PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

absolutely

quote:
Originally posted by decade
The best announcer all week was Hart- by far.

Old Post 02-13-12 04:24PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Brutal! This forum became about 4 people talking about nothing of importance, but I guess I'm not surprised. These forums usually become about slamming others and derailing from what was intended. I'd love to know who the people behind the names are and what curling accomplishments they've actually achieved.

Graeme is one of the best thirds to ever play the game. Fact!

"Balsdon should focus on his club team or his competitive team". Give me a break.

The only thing you said worth a sniff was that Kean and Anderson are good teams.

Howards team is among the best in the world if not the best and it's no surprise given their line up and the amount of time they can dedicate to the game that they're beating teams in not only Ontario, but in the world.

Ontario is usually a great provincial field and the teams usually compete well in bonspiels.

My advice to curling broad and company is to focus on your own game and get to a competition worth commenting on.

Good luck to Howard, great job Corner. It was nice to see a great final.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.226.82.88

Old Post 02-13-12 10:54PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Brutal! This forum became about 4 people talking about nothing of importance, but I guess I'm not surprised. These forums usually become about slamming others and derailing from what was intended. I'd love to know who the people behind the names are and what curling accomplishments they've actually achieved.

Hey, thanks for sharing Mr. Cranky Pants

Old Post 02-13-12 11:09PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Well Written!!

quote:

"Balsdon should focus on his club team or his competitive team". Give me a break.

The only thing you said worth a sniff was that Kean and Anderson are good teams.

Howards team is among the best in the world if not the best and it's no surprise given their line up and the amount of time they can dedicate to the game that they're beating teams in not only Ontario, but in the world.

Ontario is usually a great provincial field and the teams usually compete well in bonspiels.

My advice to curling broad and company is to focus on your own game and get to a competition worth commenting on.

Wish you had been around during the slagging on Cracks and Guests constant sniping me with useless comments absolutely NOT related to curling..like the above....

Old Post 02-14-12 08:38AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Well Written!!

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt

Wish you had been around during the slagging on Cracks and Guests constant sniping me with useless comments absolutely NOT related to curling..like the above....

Hey, thanks for sharing Ms. Cranky Kilt.

Old Post 02-14-12 09:39AM
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Opinions are what this forum is all about unreg...welcome to not being raised in North Korea!

JH

Old Post 02-14-12 11:11PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by J-Ho

Opinions are what this forum is all about unreg...welcome to not being raised in North Korea!

JH

Wow, check this out

IP : 24.226.82.88
Host : d226-82-88.home.KimJongIL.net

Old Post 02-15-12 09:16AM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Re: HI honey Im home..

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt

I will be in Ottawa this week..let's meet for a drink and you can say all your gripes right to my face.. which club?

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan

Hey, sweet. Come to the Ottawa Wednesday. You can buy me a rum and we'll gossip about the Manitoba Legend.

Well, she was a no-show.

Old Post 02-18-12 03:26PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote