Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > Where have all the women curlers gone?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shin Dimples
Knee-Slider

Question Where have all the women curlers gone?

Is it just me, or are we suffering from a lack of competitive women in this province? What are the issues?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-29-14 11:52AM
Shin Dimples is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shin Dimples Click here to Send Shin Dimples a Private Message Find more posts by Shin Dimples Add Shin Dimples to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

This is a good question. If you look at the juniors the past few years, you see the Neufelds came in 2nd in '06 and '07, Lawes with Loder won in '08 and '09 ('09 a very tough field), then Meakin played in '10 and came 3rd in '11 with strong young players like Mondor, Meilleur and Karwacki. Birchard and Kaatz were 2nd in '12 and Birchard 2nd in '13. Aside from Lawes of course, the others have not really shown consistency on tour.

I guess we will have to see if some of the players on these teams develop into top ten ladies teams. Right now, it appears the only teams who might challenge Jones are Einarson and Spencer.

Last edited by ott-am on 04-29-14 at 09:30PM

Old Post 04-29-14 09:25PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hit_paint
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I was also impressed by Carey's front end at the STOH. Too bad Carey and McDonald were having so much trouble communicating.

I hope that front ends up playing with a good skip/3rd combo but I haven't heard where they ended up. Anyone know?

Titheridge it appears is not curling with anyone next year and Foster is curling with Ali Flaxey in Ontario.

Old Post 04-30-14 01:24PM
hit_paint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hit_paint Click here to Send hit_paint a Private Message Find more posts by hit_paint Add hit_paint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote