Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Curling Media Forum > Media Discussion > ESPN Curling Coverage
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DRCars
Harvey Hacksmasher

ESPN Curling Coverage

Anyone know if ESPN3 will carry the Season of Champions this year?

DRCars

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-19-16 01:52PM
DRCars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRCars Click here to Send DRCars a Private Message Find more posts by DRCars Add DRCars to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

TSN schedule

http://www.tsn.ca/2016-17-curling-b...hedule-1.593081

http://www.mycurling.com/curlingontv/curlingontv.html

Last edited by CURLER1 on 11-19-16 at 06:38PM

Old Post 11-19-16 06:36PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

another good schedule

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.com/tv-schedule/

Old Post 11-19-16 06:37PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

Last year, I think ESPN was picking up TSN broadcasts, but maybe only for the Scotties and the Brier and so forth? They're not showing anything now.

Old Post 11-19-16 09:03PM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Usually they show the full Season of Champions (Canada Cup, Continental Cup, Scotties, Brier). Last year it wasn't announced until almost right before the Canada Cup started, if I recall correctly.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

Old Post 11-20-16 11:00AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

checked ESPN3.....nope

Old Post 11-29-16 08:54PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
checked ESPN3.....nope

Yup, me too.

Sucks, I was hoping they would...

Old Post 11-29-16 08:56PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

link

http://cricfree.sx/tsn-1-live-stream-

I've had success with this link the past for NHL games not shown by my local cable company. Not sure if it works in the US. Links to TSN and Sportsnet for the slams. Free.

Old Post 11-29-16 10:08PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Angry

On Watch ESPN now:

Comilla Victorians vs. Rajshaki Kings -Cricket

Dan Le Batard Show -Huh?

Raza Deportiva - Soccer?

First Take

Texas Football Overdrive (re-airing Baylor v. Texas)

Sigh.

Old Post 11-30-16 10:28AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Re: link

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
http://cricfree.sx/tsn-1-live-stream-

I've had success with this link the past for NHL games not shown by my local cable company. Not sure if it works in the US. Links to TSN and Sportsnet for the slams. Free.

I get a big red screen telling me not to go to the site because of malicious software.

Old Post 11-30-16 10:34AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I just tried it now and it's working. There will be a couple popups that you have to close out, and in the screen you will see a couple tiny x's that you need to click and then close. I use AVG antivirus and no red screen. I have an old slow laptop and it takes about 2 minutes to start the streaming. Could be just my computer but it's about 1 minute behind.

Old Post 11-30-16 11:15AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
averagecurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: link

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

I get a big red screen telling me not to go to the site because of malicious software.

Use chrome and make sure your ad blocker is on.

Old Post 11-30-16 12:43PM
averagecurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for averagecurler Click here to Send averagecurler a Private Message Find more posts by averagecurler Add averagecurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBT
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
On Watch ESPN now:

Comilla Victorians vs. Rajshaki Kings -Cricket

Dan Le Batard Show -Huh?

Raza Deportiva - Soccer?

First Take

Texas Football Overdrive (re-airing Baylor v. Texas)

Sigh.

WatchESPN has a place to send programming feedback. Maybe not a bad idea for those of us south of the border to ask politely for some Curling coverage. Maybe remind them that the US dollar is strong right now, so it's a good time to buy Canadian content.

Old Post 11-30-16 04:30PM
TBT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBT Click here to Send TBT a Private Message Find more posts by TBT Add TBT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

They're starting tomorrow!

We must've made enough noise to wake someone up because suddenly my ESPN3 app has Canada Cup coverage listed under Upcoming starting tomorrow (Thursday), and it looks like it's there for the whole rest of the tournament. Excellent.

Old Post 11-30-16 05:54PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: They're starting tomorrow!

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
We must've made enough noise to wake someone up because suddenly my ESPN3 app has Canada Cup coverage listed under Upcoming starting tomorrow (Thursday), and it looks like it's there for the whole rest of the tournament. Excellent.

Woot!

Old Post 11-30-16 06:14PM
TBT
Knee-Slider

Re: Re: They're starting tomorrow!

Neat!

Old Post 11-30-16 07:11PM
TBT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBT Click here to Send TBT a Private Message Find more posts by TBT Add TBT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: They're starting tomorrow!

quote:
Originally posted by TBT
Neat!

Great news for you curling fans. Enjoy.

Old Post 12-01-16 11:58AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: They're starting tomorrow!

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

Woot!

Curl Canada Channel (youtube) shows games slightly tape delayed.

Old Post 12-01-16 06:37PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

I emailed their PR department (I'm a journalist who used to be moderately important in certain circles) and didn't hear back. But a couple of days later, there it was.

You're welcome. (Kidding.)

Old Post 12-01-16 09:10PM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote