Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > The Pit > The 'MEGA' JJ Thread
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Unregistered

Each team is representing a province is registered under the skips name.
If the skip who won the right to represent Canada in one year moves to another province or country BEFORE the next Scotties, who has the right to call themselves TEAM Canada for the next Scotties?
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.175.213

Old Post 02-23-12 12:00PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I don't think you have to live in the same province to be team Canada. Georgina Wheatcroft played with JJ in the 2006 Scotties as team Canada, and I think she still lived in BC. They lost that Scotties to BC, coincidentally...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.70.34.230

Old Post 02-23-12 12:09PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

It is an interesting event for me. I got soft on JJ after CO left. But I want to cheer for my Prov. I've been following my gut. Glad JJ defeated KScott, but now that Marie-France is on a roll I feel my allegiance moving again. Guess I'm #1 Fickle Fan.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-12 01:43PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

JJ making short work of MFL. Tie-breaker for Quebec. PEI tromping over a desperate NB. Will ML witness angry Andrea?

Old Post 02-23-12 06:12PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
leathal1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Haters are going to hate, but I am thrilled to see Team MB at the top of the standings. Clearly the best team all week long.

I am so tired of all the negative crap thrown MBs way just because JJ is such a fierce competitor. There are plenty of sports stars who are loved because of their on ice/field/court ability who can be complete jerks outside the game. Kobe Bryant comes to mind, complete jerk, but you sure see a lot of Laker jerseys around with his name on the back.

The ABJ jeering crowd are going to be sorely dissapointed when this week wraps up, and their 11 teams have all fallen.

Old Post 02-24-12 11:12AM
leathal1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for leathal1 Click here to Send leathal1 a Private Message Find more posts by leathal1 Add leathal1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Negative comparisons really don't come across well as compliments Bud.

Old Post 02-24-12 11:21AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by leathal1
Haters are going to hate, but I am thrilled to see Team MB at the top of the standings. Clearly the best team all week long.

I am so tired of all the negative crap thrown MBs way just because JJ is such a fierce competitor. There are plenty of sports stars who are loved because of their on ice/field/court ability who can be complete jerks outside the game. Kobe Bryant comes to mind, complete jerk, but you sure see a lot of Laker jerseys around with his name on the back.

The ABJ jeering crowd are going to be sorely dissapointed when this week wraps up, and their 11 teams have all fallen.

Great Post!

I don't know why people waste all of their energy towards cheering against a certain team. It's really quite sad in my opinion. JJ is a winner plain and simple, and some people just can't handle it..

Old Post 02-24-12 12:17PM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

That's actually 3 questions UYK.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.73.76.62

Old Post 02-24-12 12:37PM
Unregistered

I guess the real dogfight is for silver and bronze.
I can't imagine any of the remaining teams beating JJ for the gold. :-)

Old Post 02-24-12 01:38PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

alberta has the best shot. BC would after them..i cant really see quebec beating them in a final

i certainly hope they arent going into it with the attitude you are though

Old Post 02-24-12 01:39PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Their chances (Alberta, BC and Quebec)are probably about the same as Holland's chances were last year.

Old Post 02-24-12 03:55PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I think AB will have the best shot....i think if they can get by the scrappy MFL then they should be in the final. but i am not sure why i don't think MB will be there, as i think JJ will lose to BC and then lose to AB in the semi. I hope JJ wins the 1v2 game because she is a great curler, and probably the best female of the last 10 years, but i also like the way Kscott is playing right now, no fear and nothing to lose attitude. with all this being said AB wins it all and BC loses another final, but i could be wrong (that's the fun part in guessing)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.115.217.222

Old Post 02-24-12 04:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by alex
Their chances (Alberta, BC and Quebec)are probably about the same as Holland's chances were last year.

so what your saying is they all have a great chance?

Old Post 02-24-12 04:18PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I might be JJ's biggest fan

Impossible. :-)

Old Post 02-24-12 07:22PM
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

OK, this thread has definately gotten off-track again. Entirely to JJ-Centric. Time to bring it back on course.

Last Friday, Kelly Wood skipped a team at Stagnant Current (I think that's the name) CC against a team of testerone challenged curlers. Battle of the Brooms.

Anyone know the outcome? Definately more important than some silly subject like who wins the Scotties.

Mark

Old Post 02-24-12 10:35PM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I might be JJ's biggest fan but no way is she a lock for a 5th Canadian title.

She has this nasty habits of being what Tom Hanks said - "Curling is Like a Box of Chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!"

Jones hasn't really turned in one of her notorious deucey-stinkerooskies. The game with Team Canada (Holland) was marred by Jilly's fall to grace and that was also the game where Holland actually curled like a Team Canada. Sort of like Cathy O's gold medal game last year - despite going 4-7 she was able to lassoo her ex-skip and hand her a big fat L....

Jones other loss was to Heather Ned where both Heather and Beth tormented Lawes and JJ with blistering performances - which begs the question why they got it up so big for JJ, but couldn't do same for lesser lites!

Great job putting the jinx on them.

Seriously, im cool with jen and the girls losng the 1- 2 game. Had jenn won this evening theres a good chance she would have played scott in the final. beating a good team in a week is hard.

The semi wont be easy, they never are but if the team curls well, chances are good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 02-25-12 02:24AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Great job putting the jinx on them.

Seriously, im cool with jen and the girls losng the 1- 2 game. Had jenn won this evening theres a good chance she would have played scott in the final. beating a good team three times in a week is hard.

The semi wont be easy, they never are but if the team curls well, chances are good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 02-25-12 02:26AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Why do you keep resending the same post?

Old Post 02-25-12 07:21AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
I guess the real dogfight is for silver and bronze.
I can't imagine any of the remaining teams beating JJ for the gold. :-)

oops!

Old Post 02-25-12 09:30PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

I am still retired, but I need to say this. (Thanks Gerry for restoring this thread.)

I never intended this thread to be a slam at JJ. If you read it, and THINK about it, you should be able to see that it is a well meaning, no malice intended, poke at those FANS who become obsessed with a certain sports figure. (If you want to expand on this, it can be a comment on obsession in general.) The ressurection was a no brainer with JJ advancing from Manitoba.

She lost. I am not dancing. I am not celebrating. But I am not sad. I ask that you all play nice, and if you don't Gerry has my blessing to close this again.

P.S. I was so wrong in my prediction of an all Sask final. But you know what. I do not apologize for predicting with my heart.

Kelly Wood 4evah!

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 02-25-12 at 10:28PM

Old Post 02-25-12 09:50PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

missing your rational viewpoints, dino! (although perhaps the all-sask final wasn't the best example of that ) these kelly wood obsessives have got to stop ruining this site with their blathering. thanks for always keeping it classy, friend.

Old Post 02-25-12 10:15PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CaptMorgan
Looks good in (temporary) MB yellow.

[/QUOTE

One more day

Old Post 02-25-12 10:43PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Oh well. Life goes on.

Old Post 02-25-12 10:48PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
Oh well. Life goes on.

True dat.

Old Post 02-25-12 10:53PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Sugar balls!

Old Post 02-25-12 11:02PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote