Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > What to Look for in Travel Insurance for High-Altitude Trekking?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Walter21
Harvey Hacksmasher

What to Look for in Travel Insurance for High-Altitude Trekking?

Hey guys! Planning a trekking adventure in the Andes and I'm not sure what specific features I should look for in travel insurance. Any advice for high-altitude adventures?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-23-24 09:46AM
Walter21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walter21 Find more posts by Walter21 Add Walter21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Margo76
Harvey Hacksmasher

Hi For high-altitude trekking, make sure your insurance covers altitude sickness and related medical emergencies. Also, check if they provide coverage for emergency evacuation, which is crucial in remote mountain areas

Old Post 01-23-24 10:06AM
Margo76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Margo76 Find more posts by Margo76 Add Margo76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Villy_Won
Harvey Hacksmasher

For a comprehensive understanding of what to look for in travel insurance backpackers, especially for high-altitude trekking adventures, check out this site. It provides detailed information on coverage for medical emergencies, evacuation, adventure activities, and gear, tailored specifically for backpackers' needs.

Old Post 01-25-24 09:57AM
Villy_Won is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Villy_Won Find more posts by Villy_Won Add Villy_Won to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rentersi
Harvey Hacksmasher

From personal experience, the two critical factors you should be looking at are the medical coverage with an evacuation and hospital visit, which will cover the height you are targeting. When working on my previous trek, I came across a resource which was so useful in picking the right insurance for that specific kind of trips. Travel Wise Way https://www.travelwiseway.com/ went beyond providing tips on the types of coverage to look into, and also featured specific options for high altitude trekkers. They were invaluable in getting me to make the right decision that was fully covered. Anyone that has gone down this same road would be wise to look at them.

Old Post 02-22-24 07:38AM
rentersi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rentersi Find more posts by rentersi Add rentersi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote