Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > 2012 Manitoba Scotties
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ssrulle
Swing Artist

A name everyone should know, Jill Thurston and her squad out of the Granite Curling Club in Winnipeg, have qualified out of the A side of the Winnipeg regions!

Teams entered thus far:

Cathy Overton-Clapham
Jennifer Jones
Barb Spencer
Michelle Montford
Chelsea Carey
Kelsey Boettcher
Lisa DeRiviere
Lisa Menard
Liza Park
Jill Thurston

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-11 01:12PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Kelsey Russill clinched a berth in the B side of the Westman Region.

Teams entered thus far:

1. Cathy Overton-Clapham
2. Jennifer Jones
3. Barb Spencer
4. Michelle Montford
5. Chelsea Carey
6. Kelsey Boettcher
7. Lisa DeRiviere
8. Lisa Menard
9. Liza Park
10. Jill Thurston
11. Kelsey Russill

5 spots left!

Old Post 12-18-11 01:32PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Thumbs up

Thanks for the updates ssrulle.....much appreciated!

Old Post 12-18-11 01:53PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss
Thanks for the updates ssrulle.....much appreciated!

My pleasure!

Old Post 12-18-11 02:39PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Terry Ursel grabs a win coming from behind over Deb McCreanor.

Teams entered thus far:

1. Cathy Overton-Clapham
2. Jennifer Jones
3. Barb Spencer
4. Michelle Montford
5. Chelsea Carey
6. Kelsey Boettcher
7. Lisa DeRiviere
8. Lisa Menard
9. Liza Park
10. Jill Thurston
11. Kelsey Russill
12. Terry Ursel

Old Post 12-18-11 03:23PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Kim Link has qualified!

Teams entered thus far:

1. Cathy Overton-Clapham
2. Jennifer Jones
3. Barb Spencer
4. Michelle Montford
5. Chelsea Carey
6. Kelsey Boettcher
7. Lisa DeRiviere
8. Lisa Menard
9. Liza Park
10. Jill Thurston
11. Kelsey Russill
12. Terry Ursel
13. Kim Link

Old Post 12-18-11 04:11PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Provincial Teams are Set!

The Manitoba Regionals Are Complete and the following teams will compete in January to Represent the province:

1. Cathy Overton-Clapham (Defending Champion)
2. Jennifer Jones (CTRS Berth)
3. Barb Spencer (Scotties Berth Bonespiel Winner A)
4. Michelle Montford (Scotties Berth Bonespiel Winner B)
5. Chelsea Carey (MCT Berth)
6. Kelsey Boettcher (Interlake Regional Berth)
7. Lisa DeRiviere (Central Regional Berth)
8. Lisa Menard (Parkland Regional Berth)
9. Liza Park (Westman Regional Berth)
10. Jill Thurston (Winnipeg Regional Berth)
11. Kelsey Russill (Westman Regional Berth 2)
12. Terry Ursel (Central Regional Berth 2)
13. Kim Link (Interlake Regional Berth 2)
14. Janet Harvey (Winnipeg Regional Berth 2)
15. Darcy Robertson (Winnipeg Regional Berth 3)
16. * (Norman Regional Berth)

* There were two entries for the Norman region, however no scores have been added/updated. The winner will either be Lori Forbes or Judy Peterson. As soon as this information is available, I will see to posting it.

Old Post 12-18-11 04:49PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

No Karen Rosser. No Joelle Brown. Who else is missing that might've been shooting for it?

Old Post 12-18-11 06:21PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
No Karen Rosser. No Joelle Brown. Who else is missing that might've been shooting for it?

Joelle Brown lost the B2-Semi of Winnipeg region to Darcy Robertson
Karen Rosser lost the B Final of Interlake to Kim Link
Deb McCreanor lost the A and B final of Central Region
Alyssa Vanderpoele lost the B1 Winnipeg Regional final to Janet Harvey
Betty Buurma lost the B final of Westman Region to Kelsey Russill

there weren't too many of the usual contenders participating this year.

Old Post 12-18-11 06:41PM
kyoh
Hitting Paint

Re: Provincial Teams are Set!

quote:
Originally posted by ssrulle
The Manitoba Regionals Are Complete and the following teams will compete in January to Represent the province:

1. Cathy Overton-Clapham (Defending Champion)
2. Jennifer Jones (CTRS Berth)
3. Barb Spencer (Scotties Berth Bonespiel Winner A)
4. Michelle Montford (Scotties Berth Bonespiel Winner B)
5. Chelsea Carey (MCT Berth)
6. Kelsey Boettcher (Interlake Regional Berth)
7. Lisa DeRiviere (Central Regional Berth)
8. Lisa Menard (Parkland Regional Berth)
9. Liza Park (Westman Regional Berth)
10. Jill Thurston (Winnipeg Regional Berth)
11. Kelsey Russill (Westman Regional Berth 2)
12. Terry Ursel (Central Regional Berth 2)
13. Kim Link (Interlake Regional Berth 2)
14. Janet Harvey (Winnipeg Regional Berth 2)
15. Darcy Robertson (Winnipeg Regional Berth 3)
16. * (Norman Regional Berth)

* There were two entries for the Norman region, however no scores have been added/updated. The winner will either be Lori Forbes or Judy Peterson. As soon as this information is available, I will see to posting it.

Thanks for compiling a list of qualifiers! And doing all the other provinces for that matter!

Also, Lori Forbes won the Norman Berth.

Old Post 12-19-11 02:03AM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Provincial Teams are Set!

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh

Thanks for compiling a list of qualifiers! And doing all the other provinces for that matter!

Also, Lori Forbes won the Norman Berth.

Not a problem! And thanks for updating the Norman Berth!

Old Post 12-19-11 11:38AM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Teams Seeded, Draw Schedule Posted

The teams have been seeded and divided into the Red Group, and the Black Group.

Red Group:

Chelsea Carey
Lisa DeRiviere
Janet Harvey
Kim Link
Lisa Menard
Michelle Montford
Cathy Overton-Clapham
Liza Park

Black Group:

Kelsey Boettcher
Lori Forbes
Jennifer Jones
Darcy Robertson
Kelsey Russill
Barb Spencer
Jill Thurston
Terry Ursel

The draw schedule is available on curlmanitoba.org

Old Post 01-17-12 03:32PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jenniffer will roll through her group. jill thurston might be able to give her a close game but thats a big might

cathy, chelsey and janet will battle it out in that group..notice the top 3 challenger to jenniffer are not in her group

Old Post 01-17-12 04:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
jenniffer will roll through her group. jill thurston might be able to give her a close game but thats a big might

cathy, chelsey and janet will battle it out in that group..notice the top 3 challenger to jenniffer are not in her group

Don't count Barb Spencer out... she's defeated over half of the teams in the Manitoba Provincials this year. She hasn't played Jones yet, so it will be interesting to see! It will also depend if Jill comes back or not...if she does, Jones won't be as strong.

I know it's seeded, but I find it quite convenient that there is no competition for Jones.

Old Post 01-17-12 04:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Don't count Barb Spencer out... she's defeated over half of the teams in the Manitoba Provincials this year. She hasn't played Jones yet, so it will be interesting to see! It will also depend if Jill comes back or not...if she does, Jones won't be as strong.

I know it's seeded, but I find it quite convenient that there is no competition for Jones.

yeah, like i said i find it convenient that the 3 teams with the best shot of knocking jeniffer off are all in the opposite group and have to play each other

im not suggesting she had an ything to do with it, i know she didnt but its definately nice that it worked out that way for her

i am not to worried about barb spencer. she is a solid b level team that can throw a scare into the top teams and every once in a while she'll knock one or 2 off but more often then not she's going to come up short against teams like jenniffer.

i still remember the manitoba scotties final a few years back when jenniffer and barb played and barb had opened a sizeable lead over jenniffer but then let it melt away

Old Post 01-17-12 06:28PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

yeah, like i said i find it convenient that the 3 teams with the best shot of knocking jeniffer off are all in the opposite group and have to play each other

im not suggesting she had an ything to do with it, i know she didnt but its definately nice that it worked out that way for her

i am not to worried about barb spencer. she is a solid b level team that can throw a scare into the top teams and every once in a while she'll knock one or 2 off but more often then not she's going to come up short against teams like jenniffer.

i still remember the manitoba scotties final a few years back when jenniffer and barb played and barb had opened a sizeable lead over jenniffer but then let it melt away

Maybe she'll get the wind knocked out of her sails when she flies through her group and actually faces a challenge in the playoffs! Honestly Red Deer would be so much better without her! It would give another team a chance to win the National title! Holland won't repeat her win, so who knows what could happen without her there! I guess it will all depend on who qualifies from the other provinces!

Old Post 01-17-12 07:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Maybe she'll get the wind knocked out of her sails when she flies through her group and actually faces a challenge in the playoffs! Honestly Red Deer would be so much better without her! It would give another team a chance to win the National title! Holland won't repeat her win, so who knows what could happen without her there! I guess it will all depend on who qualifies from the other provinces!

i wouldnt go so far as to say that red deer would be better off wihout her there. Evene if she was teams like law, mcarville and lawton owuld be perfectly capable of knocking her off

but it would make things more interesting and a little more open if she wasnt there

Old Post 01-17-12 07:32PM
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

If JJ can't take the duke next week (gawd forbid) then Cathy O gives manitoba its best chance at the scotts. However, if the field is strong with teams like Kelly Law out of BC, Webster or Kleibrink from AB, Lawton from Sask., McCarville, Middaugh, Hanna or Homan from ONT, then Cathy will have her mitts full. Those teams are strong - and Cathy O. still misses too many key shots despite having a solid young group in front of her this year. Nobody closes out a close game like JJ - nobody creates a chase scene after getting down early like JJ....

We know how much you love JJ... but lets face it most people don't! Two teams people continuously say they don't want to see at the Scotties is Jennifer Jones and Kelly Scott! People want change! The buzz around my curling club, about how nice it was to have an event (The Continental Cup) without Jennifer Jones was crazy! People don't like her and don't want her there! I personally want COC back, but if she can't pull out the win would rather have Thurston, Spencer or Carey go before having Jones back at the tournament! Like I said before, it would be nice to see a team who hasn't won the Scotties title before win it! Or in the case of Kelley Law win it again!

Old Post 01-17-12 07:39PM
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

We know how much you love JJ... but lets face it most people don't! Two teams people continuously say they don't want to see at the Scotties is Jennifer Jones and Kelly Scott! People want change! The buzz around my curling club, about how nice it was to have an event (The Continental Cup) without Jennifer Jones was crazy! People don't like her and don't want her there! I personally want COC back, but if she can't pull out the win would rather have Thurston, Spencer or Carey go before having Jones back at the tournament! Like I said before, it would be nice to see a team who hasn't won the Scotties title before win it! Or in the case of Kelley Law win it again!

LOL! Did those same people enjoy watching Holland and Lawton play like a bunch of juniors at the C-Cup? If Jones was there the outcome would have been more favourable to North America. Lucky for you she'll be back next year.

Why dont you show some respect? It doesn't matter who people want to see, it comes down to who is the best. You don't have to like Jones, but saying that the Scotties would be better without her is an insult, given that she has proven to be the best in the country time and time again. People tend to hate winners for no reason...

Old Post 01-17-12 11:09PM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ManitobaRulz

LOL! Did those same people enjoy watching Holland and Lawton play like a bunch of juniors at the C-Cup? If Jones was there the outcome would have been more favourable to North America. Lucky for you she'll be back next year.

Why dont you show some respect? It doesn't matter who people want to see, it comes down to who is the best. You don't have to like Jones, but saying that the Scotties would be better without her is an insult, given that she has proven to be the best in the country time and time again. People tend to hate winners for no reason...

Another person getting a hard on for JJ! Just because you think she is the greatest curler alive, doesn't mean she's always going to win... If she was at the continental cup, it doesn't mean N.A would have won! She's been to the world 4 times and has won once. Holland and Lawton struggled, as did Howard and Stoughton.. Jones wasn't going to save the day.

Old Post 01-17-12 11:18PM
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Another person getting a hard on for JJ! Just because you think she is the greatest curler alive, doesn't mean she's always going to win... If she was at the continental cup, it doesn't mean N.A would have won! She's been to the world 4 times and has won once. Holland and Lawton struggled, as did Howard and Stoughton.. Jones wasn't going to save the day.

I didn't say North America would have won, but I think it's safe to say that she wouldn't have done any worse than Holland or Lawton. You ignored the main point of my post, which is that you should show some more respect. Don't downgrade somebody's accomplishments just because you dont like them...

Old Post 01-18-12 12:13AM
ManitobaRulz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ManitobaRulz Click here to Send ManitobaRulz a Private Message Find more posts by ManitobaRulz Add ManitobaRulz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ManitobaRulz

I didn't say North America would have won, but I think it's safe to say that she wouldn't have done any worse than Holland or Lawton. You ignored the main point of my post, which is that you should show some more respect. Don't downgrade somebody's accomplishments just because you dont like them...

Get a grip! I don't need to show any respect towards her at all! Who are you to tell me otherwise! This is a forum, people put their opinions out positive or negative daily. If you can't deal with people being negative towards your love, don't read the posts!

Old Post 01-18-12 08:32AM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Question By the way..

ssrulle ...love your views.. well-informed and often bang on..

what do you think of Jan Betker's chances of coming out of SK??

She has Gudereit at third, Joan McCusker at second and Linton at Lead.
They did pretty well in Bern coming out of mothballs..

Sherry Anderson took the Lawton Team off the rails in the China Skins game when she started taking over too much... but are they still the best Team in SK?

Old Post 01-18-12 11:11AM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

Re: By the way..

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
ssrulle ...love your views.. well-informed and often bang on..

what do you think of Jan Betker's chances of coming out of SK??

She has Gudereit at third, Joan McCusker at second and Linton at Lead.
They did pretty well in Bern coming out of mothballs..

Sherry Anderson took the Lawton Team off the rails in the China Skins game when she started taking over too much... but are they still the best Team in SK?

I absolutely love Jan Betker's team. It's unfortunate the North and South Playdowns were while she was in Bern. The lineup in Bern was actually a little different. Guderite was throwing lead, Lindsay Sparkes was filling in for Linton and throwing second, Betker was throwing third and calling the game, while McCusker threw fourth rocks. The team did beat out Chelsea Carey and Mirjam Ott, which shows the strength the team has. However they did lose the quarter final to Suzanne Birt, but I think Birt is red hot right now (although she was slaughtered by Jones) I think if the team played a little more, they could get out of Saskatchewan. Had they gone for it this year, I think they could have won. Lawton and Kasner aren't as sharp as normal, but that comes with having new borns.

I actually think Anderson didn't speak up enough during the China skins. The call Stefanie made in the 9th, which lead to China stealing was the wrong call. She should have done the draw for the single, to carry over. They could have stolen 10. Sherry wanted Stefanie to draw, but Stefanie wanted to hit, which ended in the China Steal.

Lawton is definitely the team to beat in Saskatchewan, even when Amber Holland is there. I'll be interested in seeing how Trish Paulsen does in her first Women's Playdown... We might see a similar situation like last year with Homan in Ontario, but I could be wrong. I'm not overly familiar with her team and their strengths.

Old Post 01-18-12 02:57PM
ManitobaRulz
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Get a grip! I don't need to show any respect towards her at all! Who are you to tell me otherwise! This is a forum, people put their opinions out positive or negative daily. If you can't deal with people being negative towards your love, don't read the posts!

So just because your hiding behind a computer screen you think you can say anything you want without being called out for it?!

You have proven to be a classless individual..

Old Post 01-18-12 04:19PM