Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Manitoba Curling > How i heard it...i think...no really!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheOne
Swing Artist

How i heard it...i think...no really!!

Well I am back on the CZ after a lengthy siesta. I have already heard a PILE of stories and the provincials are only 3 days over!

Gotta love the Manitoba Rumor Mill/Shuffle. Although i gotta admit, the Jon Rennie and Brock Virtue threads have been quite entertaining.

Where to start, where to start. It's really hard going through my messages and knowin where to begin. I mean there is some really juicy tidbits in there. Of course i am going to start with the most contriversial. And this one wasn't a message, I was at the club and over heard it. ok, i was at the table and he told me directly. I am not going to say who, or where it was but i will give you the initials. Derek Samagalski at the West st Paul Curling Club. hope no one figures that out. Gotta keep my sources covered.

Turns out the boys who won their first Buffalos last weekend are not going to get a chance to even step on the ice in Saskatoon!! Soon after they won Sunday evening, the team was bombarded with forms to fill out and documents to initial and sign. Little did the freshly crested boys know that Former Provincial champ, father and now coach of the Fowler team had got ahold of the forms prior to Sunday's events. Like deer in the headlights with everything that being thrown at them, they didn't read all the fine print in the documents.

Apparently after signing they found out they were forfeiting their right to play at the national level. The documents stated that Alan and Derek would be stepping down from the team. It also stated Brian Fowler would be moving into the third spot and skipping and that Ried Carruthers was coming into play lead.
At first it was an impossible story to believe. Well, not even five minutes after hearing the trajedy, in walks Reid. He was wearing a 2012 Champion Manitoba jacket with Samagalski on the back written on Tuck tape. He ripped off the tape only to reveal that Carruthers was indeed stitched on the back. It was a very awkward scenario. The Bripper has been Brapped(there is photo proof on Derek's facebook page) I am not sure how the Lyburn found out last night but i bet Brian has grin as wide as the Brier trophy itself.

It appears Richie isn't safe either. The team has enlisted Rob's sister Rhonda as their fifth. There is a performnce clause in the forms he signed. If his percentages don't stay above 90% he will be pulled. Apparently Reid already knows this as well. He must stay above the 90 mark or he will be replaced on the ice by newly signed coach/mother/wife Lois Fowler.

It almost seems Robbie has had his "fingers" in this from the start. One note i received said the Hot Shots event at the Brier is now the Hyundai Hot shots!! As well as broadcasting of the entire event will be done by Wesman communicaitons out of Brandon with only Fowler motor commercials every 5 minutes...man this going to make for some LONG tv games. oh i forgot the coolest part. The Brier is now going to be in their home town. It turns out the arena in Saskatoon was double booked that weekend. There is a banjo convention that took precendence to Curling's Largest event. And conveniently enough the Wesman Arena is empty that same week. WOW, crazy lucky!! Looks like life is coming up Fowler this spring.

In other news...like anyone is reading this far...haha

Sean Grassie has taken getting into the provincials via an MCT spot very seriously. Apparently 7 new events have been added to the tour. All under $400 entry. All open events. All at the Deer Lodge. All run by Sean. If the MCT bumps the number of counted events from 4 to 5, you can bet you will see Sean's team at the top of the MCT list next year with 187.5 points!

Taren Gesell seems to be quite the showman. He was so in need of attention he told his team the wrong time and date of the opening banquet of the Safeway Championships. This way he got a table to himself and was able to strut the stage a mono when the team was called for the plaques. He didn't stop there, his "signature performance" was on the ice when live video of his broom breaking experience went viral on the internet. Attention Whoore.

Another line change that caught my attention was the William Lyburn shake up at front end. Apparently he liked the idea of a brotherly combo but, has burned the Forrests off and paved over with Granite. Larson's granite...ha...ha...ha.

Well running out of room, will have to continue later. There is plenty to come. Apparently Stoughton is not happy about Reid going to the Brier with Fowler............oooo the suspense!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-12 12:14PM
TheOne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOne Click here to Send TheOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne Add TheOne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Hmmmm...very interesting post for lack of a better word. Very entertaining as always "TheOne." Although it made for some good reading the only thing that is believable is the banjo convention double booking. I look forward to the resolution of the Carruthers debacle and other juicy bits of info. Keep it coming please!

Old Post 02-15-12 12:27PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RCarruthers
Hitting Paint

Please end this before it gets out of hand. I cant deny that I was wearing a Samagalski MB shirt though.

Old Post 02-15-12 01:41PM
RCarruthers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RCarruthers Click here to Send RCarruthers a Private Message Find more posts by RCarruthers Add RCarruthers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Before you go, I'll have a Flaming Moe.

Old Post 02-15-12 02:55PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PattyMac
Swing Artist

Leave it to the one to blabbler dribble and over the top bizarre rhetoric. Get a life.

Old Post 02-15-12 03:43PM
PattyMac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PattyMac Click here to Send PattyMac a Private Message Find more posts by PattyMac Add PattyMac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Location: down the street from psychotic right next to oblivious

quote:
Originally posted by PattyMac
Leave it to the one to blabbler dribble and over the top bizarre rhetoric. Get a life.

bold statement PattyMac and Cheese attack. Did you have to spell check that sentence before posting?

I think theone brings some humor and entertainment to the table. what do you bring?

Old Post 02-15-12 04:15PM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Post Championship Party

Seen somewhere after Fowler's win. Looks like West St Paul's bar.

http://i42.tinypic.com/16a1pht.jpg

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 02-16-12 at 03:27PM

Old Post 02-15-12 05:52PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

Re: Post Championship Party

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
Seen somewhere after Fowler's win. Looks like West St Paul's bar.

http://i42.tinypic.com/16a1pht.jpg

You just scarred my soul with that picture....

Old Post 02-15-12 07:10PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

A good read.

Old Post 02-15-12 08:55PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOne
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by RCarruthers
Please end this before it gets out of hand. I cant deny that I was wearing a Samagalski MB shirt though.

The evidence....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&type=1&ref=nf

Old Post 02-15-12 09:40PM
TheOne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOne Click here to Send TheOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne Add TheOne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gmay48
Hitting Paint

how about a link to that taren gesell broom break?

Old Post 02-15-12 11:00PM
gmay48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gmay48 Click here to Send gmay48 a Private Message Find more posts by gmay48 Add gmay48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOne
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by gmay48
how about a link to that taren gesell broom break?

http://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash/...=timelineSingle

just more Taren attention...heh heh

Old Post 02-15-12 11:14PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Insider perspective much appreciated. Keep 'em comin' TheOne :-)

Old Post 02-16-12 12:25AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Gesell

quote:
Originally posted by PattyMac
No that is good!!! LMAO...I didnt think he was strong enough to break a broom...and for a guy who really spends all his spare time working on his squeeky clean image...kind of a dumb thing to do. Should send the link to his sponsor...

sure looks like he broke it on purpose.

wait..did you even see the video? lol

surprised you have time come on here...don't you have a microwaved block of cheese to fornicate with?

Old Post 02-16-12 09:35AM
the yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for the yap Click here to Send the yap a Private Message Find more posts by the yap Add the yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

http://i41.tinypic.com/24fn0ya.jpg

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 02-17-12 at 11:00AM

Old Post 02-16-12 12:31PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gmay48
Hitting Paint

i can't seem to get that link to work. any hints?

Old Post 02-16-12 07:43PM
gmay48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gmay48 Click here to Send gmay48 a Private Message Find more posts by gmay48 Add gmay48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the yap
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

PattyMac wrote on 02-16-12 09:45AM:
I deleted the post on gessel. I am asking nicely for you to do the same regarding screwing cheese...which sounds like you may have exoerimented with...sick f*#$k you must be.....I actually never heard someone say that. It makes you sound pretty loserish as well...so just delete it...I now know whay I hadnt posted on here in over a year....my posts have nothing to do with you and you go out of your way to try to demoralize me...wow,....I must really affect your life. xxx-xxxx would love to hear your take....

ya know Pat, i probably would have had you stopped after the second line. then i thought...meh.

Old Post 02-16-12 10:10PM