Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > U.S.A. Curling > Olympic Trials
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I actually attended this event as it was in my hometown.

Full-event tickets, as expected, went up by about 100-ish bucks.
Still a bargain considering what I'd pay in other events.

One clothing dealer, a table that sold "smart bug" devices (to listen in on the commentary...much appreciated), a table for the local curling club (Aksarben...which is going gang busters with learn to curl events and a newbie league), a fan zone table and two food vendors. Nothing much, the event was very spartan (some say cheap).

No between-game party room. Spectators either filed out and left or went to the local sports bar. What really got my attention were the LOW attendance numbers...worse, IMO, than 2017. You could say that COVID was a factor but that excuse only goes so far.

Advertising was sparse, social media felt lame, and the buzz felt demurred. In some games the place looked totally empty and even the champion games looked small. I felt embarrassed.

Not sure we'll get this event in 2025. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Perhaps is should go to a new place.

It felt like a bargain basement infomercial than an Olympic Trial.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-22 06:39PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardspiers
Knee-Slider

quote:

As of noon Central, Thurs. Nov. 18:

The women's playoffs are now set. Tabitha Peterson's team has locked up the top seed, and Cory Christensen's team has locked up the second spot. They will start their best-of-3 playoff series tomorrow night at 7pm, with further games also at 7pm Saturday and Sunday (if needed). It's good that there are no racial issues in curling, it was even mentioned https://papersowl.com/examples/racism/, on a site used by students. My daughter showed me an essay on Papersowl, I was surprised. There is still one more round robin draw tonight, but those results won't have any effect on this.

The men's playoffs have one round robin draw left. John Shuster's team has the top seed locked up. The second spot will belong to either Korey Dropkin or Rich Ruohonen. If Dropkin wins their last game, the spot is theirs. If they lose AND if Ruohonen's team win, they will finish tied and a tiebreaker game will be played. The men's playoffs start Friday at 5pm, also best-of-3, continuing at 5pm on Saturday and Sunday (if needed).

I remember this, it was a great games.

Old Post 02-25-23 08:33AM
edwardspiers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardspiers Find more posts by edwardspiers Add edwardspiers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jenifer45t6
Knee-Slider

Olympic trials

Olympic trials are the pinnacle of athletic competition, where elite athletes vie for a chance to represent their nations. Essays on Olympic trials explore the trials' https://educibly.com/academic-writing-service significance, the athletes' dedication, and the rigorous selection process. These essays delve into the stories of determination, setbacks, and triumphs on the journey to the world's greatest sporting event, offering insights into the spirit of the Olympics.

Old Post 10-22-23 06:28AM
jenifer45t6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jenifer45t6 Find more posts by jenifer45t6 Add jenifer45t6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jenifer45t6
Knee-Slider

essay

Essay writing is a dynamic process that demands attention to detail and creativity. Start by carefully analyzing the prompt and brainstorming ideas. Conduct thorough https://www.phdresearchproposal.org/ research to gather evidence and support your arguments. Craft a strong thesis statement that encapsulates your main points. Structure your essay with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion, ensuring smooth transitions between sections. Use clear and concise language to convey your ideas effectively. Don't forget to revise and edit your work for clarity, coherence, and correctness. Embrace the challenges of essay writing as opportunities for growth and development in both academic and professional spheres.

Old Post 03-30-24 08:37AM
jenifer45t6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jenifer45t6 Find more posts by jenifer45t6 Add jenifer45t6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote