Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > OCA names new Executive Director
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Marc Bernard
Hitting Paint

Oca E.d.

New OCA E.D. announced:

"After a comprehensive search, the OCA Board is pleased to announce that Stephen Chenier has been chosen to fill the soon to be vacant Executive Director's position. Mr. Chenier, a resident of New Liskeard, very recently sat on the Northern Ontario Curling Association Board."

http://www.ontcurl.com/news-details.aspx?id=267

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-14 11:55AM
Marc Bernard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marc Bernard Visit Marc Bernard's homepage! Find more posts by Marc Bernard Add Marc Bernard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Oca E.d.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Bernard
New OCA E.D. announced:

"After a comprehensive search, the OCA Board is pleased to announce that Stephen Chenier has been chosen to fill the soon to be vacant Executive Director's position. Mr. Chenier, a resident of New Liskeard, very recently sat on the Northern Ontario Curling Association Board."

http://www.ontcurl.com/news-details.aspx?id=267

A great addition to the Ontario Curling family! Congrats to Stephen Chenier on the appointment. Former small business owner, a competitive curler who's competed at many levels of the game and a great people person who should be able to bring everyone back together in the sport.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 03-13-14 04:19PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Does the executive director have a way of impeaching the president of the OCA? If not him, someone or group should. Problems with CCA - OCA pres is the root of it all. Moron. Glad to hear good regards to the new exec dir...was worried it'd be another wing-nut.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.15.178

Old Post 03-13-14 04:40PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LLCool
Knee-Slider

Very good pick. Well earned post to a good guy.

Congrats to Steve Chenier.

Old Post 03-13-14 06:07PM
LLCool is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LLCool Click here to Send LLCool a Private Message Find more posts by LLCool Add LLCool to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Does the executive director have a way of impeaching the president of the OCA? If not him, someone or group should. Problems with CCA - OCA pres is the root of it all. Moron. Glad to hear good regards to the new exec dir...was worried it'd be another wing-nut.

Good luck to the new Director, maybe some change in direction?

I'd hold off with the accusations until CCA comes clean with the reason for the trouble..currently no one who's talking knows the issue(s).

Old Post 03-13-14 08:00PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chrisd
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288

Good luck to the new Director, maybe some change in direction?

I'd hold off with the accusations until CCA comes clean with the reason for the trouble..currently no one who's talking knows the issue(s).

Time to get over the hostility to the CCA Larry. It isn't productive and despite your passion (which I have some sympathy for) I do not expect to hear another word out of the CCA. There is absolutely nothing advantageous for them to engage in this conversation. They've won!

As for the new Executive Director, people need to realize this is a paid, staff position who serves at the pleasure of the President/CEO of the OCA and the permanent Board of Directors. The ED is the servant of the Board, not the other way around. The ED is a non-voting, ex officio member of the Board. If there are going to be changes to the Board of Directors, it will have to come from the 34 voting members.

I hope that the latest initiative by Dale Curtis (as reported by Bob Weeks) bears fruit and there is a productive special general meeting in April. At least, let's hope they clear the air and we can get back to productive business and out an end to this circus.

Old Post 03-14-14 12:42AM
chrisd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chrisd Click here to Send chrisd a Private Message Find more posts by chrisd Add chrisd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

To start with, I am not saying Steve's appointment isn't a good choice because we (the Ontario curlers) can only hope he has a plan to move the OCA into a new positive direction and bring us back to the forefront of curling in the country.

But some food for thought...

Interesting to note that Steve sits on the following Board of Directors as President (NOCA and Ontario Curling Council). From what I understand he was on the Selection Committee to select the new CAO for the Ontario Curling Council with Gord Gark and someone else from up North - be interesting to see if Gord Gark was on the Selection Committee that hired Steve for the OCA position. Potentially and quite likely more politics from the OCA Board during the hiring process. And yes I understand they "used" a Management Company but I understand from a number of reliable sources they were really only used during the initial screening process, which makes one wonder how much of a chance anyone that applied for the position had at getting the job. While this may seem harsh, given the current scandal and lack of information Ontario curlers have received in recent weeks this may not be too far fetched.

I'd like to see Bob Weeks do some more investigating!!
His articles over the past few weeks have been great.

And a quick kudos to Dale Curtis - great to see she is stepping up to the plate to try and initiate something.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.47.115.34

Old Post 03-14-14 07:57AM
Unregistered

That's very interesting to know. Yes, Gord was on the selection process from what I heard. I personally know two candidates that applied who were very qualified and did not even get an interview. Both were very surprised at this. I wonder how many they actually interviewed. I am beginning to think we may be back to same old same old at the OCA. Time for a whole new Board of Directors. That is the only way we can be sure that changes will come.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.218.161

Old Post 03-14-14 04:12PM
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
That's very interesting to know. Yes, Gord was on the selection process from what I heard. I personally know two candidates that applied who were very qualified and did not even get an interview. Both were very surprised at this. I wonder how many they actually interviewed. I am beginning to think we may be back to same old same old at the OCA. Time for a whole new Board of Directors. That is the only way we can be sure that changes will come.

For sure. You need to get these 'long in the tooth' group of clowns out of there especially Gark and the other puppets. This is nepotism at it's finest. A group of self absorbed blood suckers only interested in their own interests. Disband and reorganize for the good of curling in Ontario!

Old Post 03-14-14 11:02PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote