Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Dan Yamasaki - High Park Curling Club
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
almost senior
Knee-Slider

Dan Yamasaki - High Park Curling Club

So sad to report the passing of Dan Yamasaki, long time member of the High Park Curling Club. Over the years Dan was very active in almost every aspect of the club and served in many roles. He was a multiple club champion and many of our current curlers were introduced to the game in learn to curl clinics Dan ran. He will be missed. Condolences to his family.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-14 12:42PM
almost senior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for almost senior Click here to Send almost senior a Private Message Find more posts by almost senior Add almost senior to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Dan will be missed. Had the pleasure to work with Dan at the Stu Sells Toronto Tankard as he was always around, pitching in and helping make the event such a success.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 03-23-14 07:01PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikeypotter
Harvey Hacksmasher

Such sad news. I had the absolute pleasure of playing with his son in juniors for a year and the whole family truly embraced me as a member of their family for that year - as I stayed over quite a bit while we were curling. He was one of the nicest people I have met.

He will be missed.

Mike

Old Post 03-23-14 10:54PM
mikeypotter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeypotter Visit mikeypotter's homepage! Find more posts by mikeypotter Add mikeypotter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikeypotter
Harvey Hacksmasher

For those interested his obituary is posted online at http://turnerporter.permavita.com/s...personId=251060

"In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Sandra Schmirler Foundation in support of neonatal care or a charity of your choice."

You can donate to the Sandra schmirler foundation at https://www.gifttool.com/donations/...D=2075&AID=2399

Mike

Old Post 03-23-14 11:02PM
mikeypotter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikeypotter Visit mikeypotter's homepage! Find more posts by mikeypotter Add mikeypotter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Dan the Man

I curled against Dan the Man Yamastachi for 20 years. (so named for his luxurious mustache:-)

The first thing to say is the thing that everyone will agree with. You would be exceedingly hard pressed to find a better natured human. His wife Ellen fitting neatly into the very same boat.

Dan was a very fine curling instructor and always willing to give of his time to aspiring curlers of all ages.

He curled at High Park with the very same guys ever since I joined High Park 20 years ago. A testament to how easy he was to get along with, as well as his quality as a curler. And yes he did win a couple of club championships with his boys. No easy feat let me tell you. The reason I know this for a fact is that I've been filling in for him as skip since his heart attack:-)

We are all devastated that he was not able to recover, and extremely saddened. The club quite simply will not be the same without him.

Old Post 03-24-14 03:49PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovetocurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

We'll miss you my friend.

Old Post 03-25-14 07:28AM
lovetocurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lovetocurl Click here to Send lovetocurl a Private Message Find more posts by lovetocurl Add lovetocurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

condolences to the deceased loved ones and family...

I never met Dan, but curled once at the high park curling club, was last year at this cash spiel, nice club has amassed alot of history over the years, sure Dan was part of that history....

Old Post 03-25-14 02:10PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote