Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Looking to enter a team into a league in Ottawa
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CheapSeats
Knee-Slider

Looking to enter a team into a league in Ottawa

Hello all,
I am looking to enter a team into a league in Ottawa.
Although everyone understands the game, only 2 people have actually thrown a rock. The rest of us have all played sports together growing up though. We are in our 40s, all male but possible could be mixed. Not sure. We are looking for just a fun league but still want to be competitive. Im guessing my next step will be to get out to the various clubs and see whats happening but hoping for some advice here. If anyone knows of a good league needed a team or tips on how to start a team out here. Looking forward to lots of fun. I will search the forums more too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-14 05:01PM
CheapSeats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CheapSeats Click here to Send CheapSeats a Private Message Find more posts by CheapSeats Add CheapSeats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Viich

I don't know where you're located in Ottawa, if all 4 of you are from the same area, geography may dictate to a point. I moved to Ottawa last year, and took a friend's advice that the two downtown clubs (Rideau and Ottawa) have good ice and are a bit competitive. Not all leagues at most any club are super competitive. I joined the Rideau.

Rideau Curling Club is doing beginner clinics - possibly leading to a few weeks of games, I'm not sure - on Friday nights right now. Contact club manager Pierre (awesome name to work at a curling club) @ 613 232 9665 or manager@rideaucurlingclub.com

http://rideaucurlingclub.com/

Most clubs only have 1 or 2 start points a year - you have to start in the fall, other than beginner things like this.
Thursday night mens' at Rideau has 4 divisions with promotion and relegation, you'd probably get some decent games in that league.

Good luck, hope to see you out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.64.70.189

Old Post 02-24-14 06:01PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler bill
Harvey Hacksmasher

There are two websites that will give you information on clubs:

www.ottawacurling.com
www.ottawavalleycurling.ca

Clubs have different membership options. There are also a few private leagues that play within clubs.

You have a number of options. I suggest you contact the clubs that interest you. And make sure they have room to include you in the league that interests you and your team.

Old Post 02-25-14 12:32AM
curler bill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler bill Click here to Send curler bill a Private Message Find more posts by curler bill Add curler bill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CheapSeats
Knee-Slider

Fantastic. This is the type of info I have been looking for.
We are primarily all from Kanata/Stittsville so probably looking for something more in the west end of Ottawa.

Looking forward to learning this sport. Grew up playing hockey and football in the Ottawa area but for some reason never got out to Curl.

Old Post 02-25-14 08:54AM
CheapSeats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CheapSeats Click here to Send CheapSeats a Private Message Find more posts by CheapSeats Add CheapSeats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote