Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
it seems like this forum is mostly concerned with simply attacking other people.

maybe the curling analysis is not great but it is their oppinion and thats what this place is for

The two of them have been getting increasingly aggressive lately, not showing a lot of respect for some Canadian Curling legends. But you know what, I can dial it back no problem.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-12 05:40PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

The two of them have been getting increasingly aggressive lately, not showing a lot of respect for some Canadian Curling legends. But you know what, I can dial it back no problem.

what legend have i disrespected? i have said nothing bad about any of the canadian curlers that could be seen as disrespectful

i have noted that glenn is struggling and not playing that well at the brier this year but thats not disrespectful. Especially since glenn admits they need to pick it up himself

Old Post 03-05-12 06:05PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

what legend have i disrespected? i have said nothing bad about any of the canadian curlers that could be seen as disrespectful

i have noted that glenn is struggling and not playing that well at the brier this year but thats not disrespectful. Especially since glenn admits they need to pick it up himself

I could run through all your posts concerning Glenn Howard's team, but its pointless. You don't get it do you ? After Kevin Martin, they have the best performance of any team in Canada the last 6 years. You've tried to attribute a choke label to a team that's won a ton of events. Ok, you used the term "abysmal" instead of choke. You also specifically commented on Glenn's performance in those finals. I'd like to see the percentages, to see how badly a skip plays that loses the final of a national event by a rock or two. I don't even have to look it up, the mediocrity you have dreamed up is a figment of your vivid imagination.

Ok then, tell me, how many teams have won two Brier finals the last 6 years ? Must be a long list. Look at other events now. How many provincial titles and Grand Slam titles do any teams have ? How about national rankings ? Money list ? Go ahead, find something that Howard's done bad at.

I could go on and on. Its not even debateable.

So what happens in the event ? They are threatening to go 4-1 ( to the moment ), and the team they lost to is 4-1. I haven't seen the percentages, is Glenn running 11th out if 11 somehow ?
And your defence is Glenn says they need to play better ? Well no ****, every team likes to play better, how many teams in this event so far wouldn't say that ( maybe 2 Koe's ) ? If you were really paying attention, you'd note the ice conditions are difficult. Difficult ice conditions are a great equalizer, any smart competitive curler knows this.

Update : 4-1 now. Get ready for the apocalypse.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-05-12 at 11:10PM

Old Post 03-05-12 10:46PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

I could run through all your posts concerning Glenn Howard's team, but its pointless. You don't get it do you ? After Kevin Martin, they have the best performance of any team in Canada the last 6 years. You've tried to attribute a choke label to a team that's won a ton of events. Ok, you used the term "abysmal" instead of choke. You also specifically commented on Glenn's performance in those finals. I'd like to see the percentages, to see how badly a skip plays that loses the final of a national event by a rock or two. I don't even have to look it up, the mediocrity you have dreamed up is a figment of your vivid imagination.

Ok then, tell me, how many teams have won two Brier finals the last 6 years ? Must be a long list. Look at other events now. How many provincial titles and Grand Slam titles do any teams have ? How about national rankings ? Money list ? Go ahead, find something that Howard's done bad at.

I could go on and on. Its not even debateable.

So what happens in the event ? They are threatening to go 4-1 ( to the moment ), and the team they lost to is 4-1. I haven't seen the percentages, is Glenn running 11th out if 11 somehow ?
And your defence is Glenn says they need to play better ? Well no ****, every team likes to play better, how many teams in this event so far wouldn't say that ( maybe 2 Koe's ) ? If you were really paying attention, you'd note the ice conditions are difficult. Difficult ice conditions are a great equalizer, any smart competitive curler knows this.

Update : 4-1 now. Get ready for the apocalypse.

first of all i dont get why you are bringing up all these accomplishments on the cash tour when they have nothing to do with anything i said

second of all i never said glenn did not have a great team and isnt a great curler

third of all he didnt win 2 briers in the last 6 years, he has won 1, which yes is a great accomplishment

4th of all the percentages dont really mean a whole hell of alot. You cant look back at a game and get a real sense of how they played based on them because there are a whole number of things to take into account. It works for a general understanding but not totally. Sometimes the numbers are even inflated

5th of all while having 7 provincial titles in a row is impressive. he comes out of ontario where there really is a lack of teams to challenge him. its his title to lose. if he had more compettion it would be alot more impressive.

now i admit in some finals glenn didnt play horrible, it was simply a case of running into a team who made everything and there was nothing he could do. so i do admit by calling him a headcase was wrong . abysmal is a strong word to use but his record in brier finals isnt great

i do believe he can win this brier. But i also believe its going to be hard to beat alberta because they are playing very well. Glenn seems to have gotten on track in the game against northern ontario so i like his chances more now and most of anyone if he does reach the final and alberta is the opponent.

Last edited by misty1 on 03-06-12 at 08:25AM

Old Post 03-06-12 08:20AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

first of all i dont get why you are bringing up all these accomplishments on the cash tour when they have nothing to do with anything i said

second of all i never said glenn did not have a great team and isnt a great curler

third of all he didnt win 2 briers in the last 6 years, he has won 1, which yes is a great accomplishment

4th of all the percentages dont really mean a whole hell of alot. You cant look back at a game and get a real sense of how they played based on them because there are a whole number of things to take into account. It works for a general understanding but not totally. Sometimes the numbers are even inflated

5th of all while having 7 provincial titles in a row is impressive. he comes out of ontario where there really is a lack of teams to challenge him. its his title to lose. if he had more compettion it would be alot more impressive.

now i admit in some finals glenn didnt play horrible, it was simply a case of running into a team who made everything and there was nothing he could do. so i do admit by calling him a headcase was wrong . abysmal is a strong word to use but his record in brier finals isnt great

i do believe he can win this brier. But i also believe its going to be hard to beat alberta because they are playing very well. Glenn seems to have gotten on track in the game against northern ontario so i like his chances more now and most of anyone if he does reach the final and alberta is the opponent.

There have been several good teams in Ontario you might not be familar with, because they never beat Glenn. The field was a little weaker this year, but we are talking about a 7 year run. This has always been the thing about Ontario, almost every generation there was one of the 2 or 3 teams in the world playing here. The next tier of teams are up against it every year. Put some of these teams in weaker provinces, you'd know them more.

Grand Slam events are meaningful. Its the same as a cash leader on the PGA Tour. Sure, that golfer might not win the Masters, but they'd always be considered one of the favorites even if they shot par on the first round.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-06-12 at 01:42PM

Old Post 03-06-12 01:29PM
China Supporter
Drawmaster

Unhappy Andrea Schopp

Out of the WWCCs with a Broken Leg.

Time for the Oona, Corrina and Stella to step up big time. Wonder if Monika will play 2nd or Vice now...

Old Post 03-10-12 09:16PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Andrea Schopp

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter
Out of the WWCCs with a Broken Leg.

Time for the Oona, Corrina and Stella to step up big time. Wonder if Monika will play 2nd or Vice now...

Yikes that is big for GER

Old Post 03-10-12 09:41PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I wonder if Germany might defer and let second place Dreindl come

If they do stick with this team Monika absolutely has to play. Third position is where she would be best. The major difficulty is who will call the game now? Monika has never skipped and neither has Imogen. Corina Scholz skipped as a junior but i dont think she'll be asked to call the game here

Old Post 03-10-12 11:14PM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Poor Andrea. I feel badly for her. It might have been her last Worlds (I dont mean Senior Worlds), what a sad way to go out if it is.

Old Post 03-10-12 11:32PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pontchartrain
Swing Artist

What happened?

Old Post 03-11-12 12:05AM
pontchartrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pontchartrain Click here to Send pontchartrain a Private Message Find more posts by pontchartrain Add pontchartrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

Re: Bad News for German Curling

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Might they try to bring back Melanie Robillard, the transplanted Quebec gal to take over the team? (Rules permitting)

I believe Melanie is ineligible to curl anymore since she's coaching in Spain.

I need someone to tell me how Imogen Oona was able to curl for 2 countries (Swiss at a Jr. and now Germany)...

It would make sense that Monika Vice-Skip's with Oona throwing 4th stones.

Old Post 03-11-12 12:22AM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Re: Bad News for German Curling

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter

I believe Melanie is ineligible to curl anymore since she's coaching in Spain.

I need someone to tell me how Imogen Oona was able to curl for 2 countries (Swiss at a Jr. and now Germany)...

It would make sense that Monika Vice-Skip's with Oona throwing 4th stones.

Coaching in another country does not make her ineligible. She has German Citizenship and could be an option.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 03-11-12 01:28AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Bad break for the team and qick recovery for Andrea.

Melanie Robillard is a very realistic option in my opinion if you want to be serious about it.

She has the experience, she knows the team well, is very familiar with the players, it's in Canada which is a bonus as she also the surroundings well and has had success in the past.

She has been coaching the Spanish team and is still in the curling environment.

Probably rusty in high level competitions but it will come back very quickly. The players on the team know her well and have positive memories of the Swift Current Worlds two years ago.

Finally, she is eligible, she has German citizenship as not played with any other national team.

Very credible option. Perhaps throwing last rock and Monika calling the shots.

Andrea is very knowledgeable and sensitive about all these things. It's a win win situation, no expectations for the team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 109.130.161.36

Old Post 03-11-12 03:55AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Wow, that must be totally deflating for the German Team. Andrea was an integral part of the team and the team's success. Her leadership, clutch shot making and strategy experience will be hard to replace.
I do think that they should bring in Melanie Robillard if she is willing, she proved she is a very capable thrower in 2010.

Old Post 03-11-12 08:18AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

I am not sure how prepared Melanie would be to join the team though. She has not curled competitively in about 2 years, is that really a player you want to bring on board?

Old Post 03-11-12 08:39AM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Melanie has no chemistry issue or integration issue with the team, she was part of the outstanding run by the Germans to win the Europeans and Worlds in 2009/2010 with the exact same lineup. Making more and more sense.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 109.130.161.36

Old Post 03-11-12 09:23AM
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Melanie has no chemistry issue or integration issue with the team, she was part of the outstanding run by the Germans to win the Europeans and Worlds in 2009/2010 with the exact same lineup. Making more and more sense.

The issue for me is not chemistry its that melanie has not played in 2 years

Old Post 03-11-12 09:42AM
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I wonder if Andrea will even be in a position to co-coach the team with her brother Luther.

Her brother is Rainer no Luther

Old Post 03-11-12 09:44AM
guycan
Swing Artist

It is now confirmed that Melanie Robillard will go to Lethbridge as the alternate for Team Schöpp. Andrea will have surgery this week for the comminuted fracture of the head of the tibia. She is looking at a long & hard road to recovery, but hopes to be back on the ice around October/November.

Old Post 03-12-12 09:34AM
guycan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guycan Click here to Send guycan a Private Message Find more posts by guycan Add guycan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Andrea handpicked Melanie and therefore she will not be sitting on the bench. She will lead the squad for better or worse but a Cinderella story is in the making in my opinion.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 85.158.138.22

Old Post 03-12-12 11:22AM
Unregistered

The German press says that Melanie is the replacement for Andrea whatever that means!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 85.158.138.22

Old Post 03-12-12 11:27AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guycan
Andrea will have surgery this week for the comminuted fracture of the head of the tibia. She is looking at a long & hard road to recovery, but hopes to be back on the ice around October/November.

Hmm. I remember back in Bismarck, in '02, when she was in "trouble" with the curlingBosses, that she was on crutches that week in North Dakota. I wonder if this is a recurring or chronic thing, or if she's just unlucky.

Old Post 03-12-12 12:11PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well that is expected. Any news on who will call the game? I assume Monika but she has never skipped before so I don't know

Old Post 03-12-12 01:31PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

How did Andrea hurt herself? Kicking Monika again? Not sure if Monika has the fiery nature to keep the team going. Melanie might but she hasn't curled with them for a while so might be a challenge.

However, highly doubtful that Melanie will "motivate" the team the same way Andrea did.

Now who will Manitoba Legend award his angry title to

Old Post 03-12-12 03:10PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Time to switch attention to Women's World Championship. Any predictions on how teams will finish?
Good luck Team Canada

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.103.29

Old Post 03-15-12 10:44AM