Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > 2012 Ontario Scotties Tournament of Hearts
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Sherry did not make the provincials last year. Is this becoming a familiar pattern for the team? Play well at spiels and crash in playdowns?

If you peak too soon, that what happens! Cathy Auld apparently is hitting her peak at the right time!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-09-12 11:03AM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Sherry did not make the provincials last year. Is this becoming a familiar pattern for the team? Play well at spiels and crash in playdowns?

I wondered the same thing. While yes the top teams want to get as many games in as possible - I wonder if the slow but steady pace by Auld and even Homan has paid off. Auld wasn't jetting all over the country competing. Homan while she did play, she didn't make many finals.

Hopefully Sherri can make it out of the challenge round or perhaps next season go and compete up in Northern Ontario and get "auto-berthed"

Old Post 01-09-12 11:24AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I wondered the same thing. While yes the top teams want to get as many games in as possible - I wonder if the slow but steady pace by Auld and even Homan has paid off. Auld wasn't jetting all over the country competing. Homan while she did play, she didn't make many finals.

Hopefully Sherri can make it out of the challenge round or perhaps next season go and compete up in Northern Ontario and get "auto-berthed"

Jenn Hanna didn't fly all over either.. I think she is at the same place as Cathy Auld.. just had two off games where it counted the most!

Old Post 01-09-12 09:36PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I had to reply to this comment posted earlier and pasted below:

Hanna beat Homan in the A final of Zones, she can beat Homan again at Provincials. Homan's rink is not stronger than Hanna by any means. They are fairly equal.

You've got to be kidding me! Have you even seen Jen's team this year? Yes, I admit Jen is a wonderful player and Pascale is a great vice. However, you have got to be joking with her front end. They are no where close to the experienced front end of the Homan team. Neither of them can sweep and both need some serious sessions in a gym to get in shape.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.219.52

Old Post 01-09-12 11:36PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I had to reply to this comment posted earlier and pasted below:

Hanna beat Homan in the A final of Zones, she can beat Homan again at Provincials. Homan's rink is not stronger than Hanna by any means. They are fairly equal.

You've got to be kidding me! Have you even seen Jen's team this year? Yes, I admit Jen is a wonderful player and Pascale is a great vice. However, you have got to be joking with her front end. They are no where close to the experienced front end of the Homan team. Neither of them can sweep and both need some serious sessions in a gym to get in shape.

I stand by my statement! Homan's team is not nearly on the ball this year as they were last year. They are equally matched.

Old Post 01-09-12 11:50PM
curlingmad
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ssrulle

I stand by my statement! Homan's team is not nearly on the ball this year as they were last year. They are equally matched.

All I know is that if it is my money... I'm going with Homan every time. Remember that the ice conditions at a big playdown will be either arena or arena-like and that gives RH a real big edge... it evens out a little on club ice but at provincials I would hope they have arena ice.

Old Post 01-10-12 12:35AM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

All I know is that if it is my money... I'm going with Homan every time. Remember that the ice conditions at a big playdown will be either arena or arena-like and that gives RH a real big edge... it evens out a little on club ice but at provincials I would hope they have arena ice.

It's at the Kenora Curling Club...that's not arena ice! It would not surprise me at all to see Homan lose it this year. Her performance thus far on the tour has been terrible!

Old Post 01-10-12 09:09AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

I don't believe the ontario scotties are ever in an arena. Even when the south hosts the event. OCA's philosophy - only women?

Old Post 01-10-12 03:11PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

quote:

I don't believe the ontario scotties are ever in an arena. Even when the south hosts the event. OCA's philosophy - only women?

Sad that the women don't play in an arena as I'm sure the men do every year. I know in AB, the women were in an arena last year for the first time and it was fantastic. This year again it is in the Leduc arena so it should be great again... but next year I think it is back in a curling club. Not sure what would happen in AB if the men ever played in a club again... I think it has been at least 10 years that the men's prov has been in an arena. Gotta wonder why they treat the men's and womens' differently.

Old Post 01-10-12 03:51PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by gameon

Sad that the women don't play in an arena as I'm sure the men do every year.

It doesn't happen very often for the men in Ontario either. The cost of renting an arena, converting the hockey rink to curling, paying the costs of maintaining etc is way more expensive than it is to go to a club, and have the OCA rocks and icemaker maintain everything.

Old Post 01-10-12 05:07PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

It doesn't happen very often for the men in Ontario either. The cost of renting an arena, converting the hockey rink to curling, paying the costs of maintaining etc is way more expensive than it is to go to a club, and have the OCA rocks and icemaker maintain everything.

It has been in an arena in Ontario for at least 20 years.

Old Post 01-10-12 07:03PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Hershey Centre 2003.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.26.175.39

Old Post 01-10-12 08:40PM
tlkcurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Does anyone know if linescores will be posted anywhere this weekend for Women's Challenge Round in Oshawa?

Old Post 01-13-12 09:55AM
tlkcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tlkcurler Find more posts by tlkcurler Add tlkcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by tlkcurler
Does anyone know if linescores will be posted anywhere this weekend for Women's Challenge Round in Oshawa?

We will be posting linescores this weekend on CurlingZone.
http://dev.curlingzone.com/event.ph...in&eventid=2695

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 01-13-12 10:46AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

will you be posting line scores for the men as well?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.164.58

Old Post 01-13-12 12:43PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

will you be posting line scores for the men as well?

If there`s someone locally who can help with either posting them online, texting or emailing them to me, I can post them.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 01-13-12 04:44PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:

End by End or after the draws are over?

Old Post 01-13-12 08:41PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

End by End or after the draws are over?

Going to try for 2-3 times per game.

Old Post 01-13-12 09:06PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Going to try for 2-3 times per game.

thanks Gerry and to the volunteers. It is still better than the OCA can do. Amazing that Nova Scotia can use something like the livescoring site but Ontario refuses to get into the modern age!

Old Post 01-13-12 09:12PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

thanks Gerry and to the volunteers. It is still better than the OCA can do. Amazing that Nova Scotia can use something like the livescoring site but Ontario refuses to get into the modern age!

Special thanks to Fogger in Harriston, Chris Daffern in Oshawa and Steve Whitehill in Peterborough!

Old Post 01-13-12 10:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

looks like sherry over came a slow start in her first game and got the win

Old Post 01-14-12 09:37AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Thanks to the volunteers doing the postings. I checked out some of the other provincial web sites this week and the OCA should be ashamed.
Just wondering who is running this organization! I have never read a positive comment.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.27.194.239

Old Post 01-14-12 09:58AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

seems unreal that, with the start to the season he had that were still waiting for john to wake up and i have to wonder when its going to happen

he had his break through at a slam last season and finished 3rd in provincials, it would be heart breaking if he didnt even get back

seems like sherry has come to play this weekend. I think she'll be hard to beat

Old Post 01-14-12 12:04PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Scotties Challenge Round

Does anybody know if the Scotties Challenge Round is being live streamed on the web? If so,how do I access it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.251.131.11

Old Post 01-14-12 02:59PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Scotties Challenge Round

quote:
Does anybody know if the Scotties Challenge Round is being live streamed on the web? If so,how do I access it?

Nope.

Old Post 01-14-12 03:10PM