Event Management System @ CurlingZone.com

Click to return to the CCR Home Page

LOGIN:          PASS:

forget your password?

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.6 CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Location Specific & Regional Tour Chat > Ontario Curling > Ontario Tankard
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Unregistered

Tankard

Just watching the scores and interviews and most teams are just rolling over to Howard-sad to see. Quitting after 6 ends and things like that. Why even bother entering playdowns and spending all that money and time off to work to come second??? Look at Alta and Man-Martin and Stoughton both in trouble and may not make it. Looks like Howards year. Nobody in Ontario is going to stop them it seems. Corner even calls himself a B team-nice confidence. You can beat him Corner-lets go.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.252.29.87

Old Post 02-11-12 05:26PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Re: good one

quote:
Originally posted by UpYerKilt
I think it will be a very convincing win by Howard.
they are really fired up, curling well and want another Brier - which they could win by the way Stoughton and Martin are limping along!

Boring as some may think, the best chance for an Ontario Brier is Glens team. Would be nice to see Koe and McEwan to get thru for a bit of a change though.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-11-12 05:36PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

If you go to NOCA's livestream you can watch it about the 3 hour 17 minute mark,

Old Post 02-11-12 05:42PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Good win for Dereulle over Tuck although both teams played a little shaky. Tuck's third was brutal and Tuck needed some great shots to stay close.

Old Post 02-11-12 05:44PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Not over yet

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound
Boring as some may think, the best chance for an Ontario Brier is Glens team. Would be nice to see Koe and McEwan to get thru for a bit of a change though.

If you just watched the Deruelle- Tuck game it showed some pretty good curling..
Glenn has earned his Top spot with years of dedication and darn hard work.. so kudos to him until someone gets their game up to the level of beating him

I sure dont want to see Koe come out of AB.. but my fave Virtue isnt ready yet..Martin is inconsistent so some complacency is dragging that Team down.

World champ Stoughton was in big trouble on his last Life in C in MB..I see he pulled it off..
Hope Mike McEwen comes out of that Province if he can finally get the 10-end game wins under his belt.

Old Post 02-11-12 05:50PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Good win for Dereulle over Tuck although both teams played a little shaky. Tuck's third was brutal and Tuck needed some great shots to stay close.

Both teams had some shakey moments, but it was nice to see Deruelle get thru. Should be a good game between two young teams.

It's not just a rock. It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, with a beveled underbelly and a handle a human being can hold. Okay, so in and of itself it looks like it has no practical purpose, but it's a repository of possibility. And, when it's handled just right, it exacts a kind of poetry - as close to poetry as I ever want to get. The way it moves.... Not once, in everything I've done, have I ever felt the same wonder and humanity as when I'm playing the game of curling.

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-11-12 05:53PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Re: Not over yet

quote:

..Glenn has earned his Top spot with years of dedication and darn hard work.. so kudos to him until someone gets their game up to the level of beating him.....

I agree, I suspect they may want to take one more run at the Olympics. I, by the way don't think watching the best teams as "boring" .

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-11-12 06:18PM
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

So, the ML guide to curling success: make a lot of shots! (oh, ML, I kid because I love.)

UYK, why don't you want to see Koe out of Alberta? Just curious, I really love watching that team - and they'd be definite contenders for at least a playoff spot, if not the title!

Old Post 02-11-12 07:25PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

WTF? Why was Corners panties in a bunch and his having to reset his shot in the 2nd? There seems to be a intensity and a edge to him in this game..No doubt hes tired and fed up with losing to the Howard all the time

Old Post 02-11-12 07:34PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Are the games really on HD? I wouldn't think Rogers has or can afford HD equipment. Channel 510 doesn't even exist on Rogers in London. Watching playoff now on Rogers 13.

It is in HD... I checked 470 where the feed is not HD and you have that screen crunching that occurs when you watch regular coverage on a HD unit.

Old Post 02-11-12 07:58PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

Corner's Vice...

Does he have something against sweeping? I saw only 1 sweeper for Team Corner during the 2nd end until Graeme made his shots.

Old Post 02-11-12 07:59PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Corner's Vice...

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter
Does he have something against sweeping? I saw only 1 sweeper for Team Corner during the 2nd end until Graeme made his shots.

McCarrel has had issues(back,knee)and basically has no interest in sweeping..

Rich Moffat(Cochranes Vice) is another vice who puts in very little effort and has no interest in sweeping

Old Post 02-11-12 08:03PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Corner's Vice...

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

McCarrel has had issues(back,knee)and basically has no interest in sweeping..

Rich Moffat(Cochranes Vice) is another vice who puts in very little effort and has no interest in sweeping

Thanks for the info!

It would be interesting to see any curler pull that at a Scotties/Brier or World Championships...

Old Post 02-11-12 08:33PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Corner's Vice...

quote:
Originally posted by China Supporter

Thanks for the info!

It would be interesting to see any curler pull that at a Scotties/Brier or World Championships...

McCarrel must been in bad shape.. he is not even sweeping a crucial Frans runback int he 8th end!!!

Old Post 02-11-12 09:15PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

So far a brutal performance by Howard. Brent just hogged a rock.
They seem to be off sync tonight. Better now than tomorrow I guess. Still I few ends left.

Old Post 02-11-12 09:19PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: Graeme McCarrel

quote:
Since he is one of the best Thirds in Cdn Curling history.. i

One Brier.. One world Championship.. He wouldn't crack my Top 5 of all time vices in Cdn curling history

Old Post 02-11-12 09:25PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Re: Graeme McCarrel

quote:
Since he is one of the best Thirds in Cdn Curling history.. in his mid to late forties ( or even older since he has curled for 40 years)and who has had VERY serious back problems..

I think a couple of you need to think a bit about who you are slagging!

Slagging???

quote:
McCarrel has had issues(back,knee)and basically has no interest in sweeping.

Is this what you call slagging???

Old Post 02-11-12 09:27PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Thumbs down out they crawl

Cracks has won 5 provincial championships ( 1 jr) and a world title..

how many have you losers won sitting there criticizing??

Old Post 02-11-12 09:32PM
UpYerKilt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UpYerKilt Find more posts by UpYerKilt Add UpYerKilt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: out they crawl

quote:
Cracks has won 5 provincial championships ( 1 jr) and a world title..

how many have you losers won sitting there criticizing??

Relax you love Cracks we get it and thats fine.. Hes always been a good curler.. I would put him between 8-12 of all time vices in CDn curling history and there is no shame in that

Old Post 02-11-12 09:42PM
celtichound
Swing Artist

Wow...extra end. This is the sorta game I thought Corner would've put up in the round robin, but they seemed a little off. Didn't tune in here till the 8th. Craig hogs, Wayne light, a pick, some half shots. Guys seem a little off. Still a chance....

Casey Stengel

Old Post 02-11-12 09:58PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

What a game. Two steals to beat Corner.

Old Post 02-11-12 10:12PM
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

nail biter

Well Glenn and the guys found the way to win...
didnt see the whole game because of the Great Junior W. Cdns.. but I really hope Team Howard do better in the Final.

Old Post 02-11-12 10:16PM
Unregistered

Rock your world...you must not follow curling at all.
Cracks played on the number 1 team in the world for 7 years....and if you have ever talked to his skipper for those 8 years he would say "cracks didn't miss." He's easily in the top 5.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.232.116.190

Old Post 02-11-12 11:21PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UpYerKilt
Super Rockchucker

Question Who will make the Final?

Anderson already off to a 2-0 start on Corner..who are looking pretty tired and sore (Sorry guys)...Cant see this Team handling TWO big games today but wish them luck anyway

Old Post 02-12-12 09:49AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

both the part of me that hopes for the underdog and the part of me that likes to see fresh faces would like to see anderson make the final..and possibly win but , your right even if he gets past corner i doubt he could get past glenn..who's likely already had his off game this tournament last night

Old Post 02-12-12 09:52AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote